Reports To: Vice President of Sales
At the heart of Excellims’s sales process is a technical discussion between Excellims and the customer and some level of feasibility characterization. The Technical Applications Specialist is responsible for controlling the feasibility conversations with existing and potential customers. This position is also responsible for gaining clarity of the customer’s expectations, budget, and decision-making process going into feasibility, whereby allowing the data to be the decision-maker. Using technical, organizational, and industry knowledge to assist prospects with decisions regarding applying Excellims’s products/services to their needs, the Technical Applications Specialist is directly responsible for revenue generation. Of equal importance, this person will be responsible for directly interfacing with Excellims’s customer base to enhance and expand use of Excellims technology. This person will work with all internal resources to ensure timely installations of our equipment in accordance with customer expectations. They will routinely provide both introductory and advanced training, phone, email and face to face technical support and accurate troubleshooting.
1. Makes sales contacts, researches customer needs, and assess feasibility.
2. Develops and delivers sales presentations at the close of a sale.
3. Participates in sales forecasting and planning.
4. Attendance at relevant industry meetings, symposiums, trade shows.
5. Write, review, and edit Excellims’s content of communication in areas of expertise.
6. Communicate throughout the organization for the betterment of Excellims’s products and services.
7. Oversee marketing support activities.
8. Ongoing personal development including professional sales training.
9. Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
10. Participate in a wide variety of projects and compile a variety of reports.
11. Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
12. Installation of all Excellims equipment at various customer sites (domestic and international).
13. Training of users on all Excellims equipment.
14. Responding to technical questions posted by current users including in-depth troubleshooting of the issues when needed.
15. Providing feedback from users to Excellims R&D team on expected improvements/enhancements of Excellims’s line of products.
1. Ethical Conduct
2. Ambition and drive
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
8. Technical Capacity
9. Customer/Client Focus
11. Sense of urgency
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some international travel.
1. Fluency in Excellims’s sales process and selling system
2. Technical competency in all of Excellims’s products and services and knowledge of mass spectrometry
3. Ability to travel up to 50%
4. Valid driver’s license and passport
5. Fluency in English
6. The ability to communicate technically but with a commercial objective
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
8. Familiarity with UV/Vis spectrophotometry
9. Familiarity with principles of acid/base titrations
10. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
11. Knowledge of industry-specific tools, instruments and practices
12. Excellent verbal communication skills
13. Excellent written communication skills
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree (Chemistry/Pharmaceutics Preferred)
2. 2 – 4 years’ experience in a technical customer facing role
3. 3 – 5 years’ experience in a life science field (Pharmaceutical Preferred)
4. Ion mobility experience a plus.
This job description is only intended to summarize the duties required of the position and is not all-inclusive. The Technical Applications Specialist may be required to perform other duties as directed.